The Municipality seeks to appoint suitably qualified person to the following position within the
WATER SERVICES DEPARTMENT:
SENIOR MANAGER: WATER & SANITATION SERVICES PROVISION Total Cost to Employer: R 1 179 088.92
Reporting to the General Manager: Water Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following, inter-alia:
- Communicating with the General Manager (Water Services) on specific Key Performance Areas (Operation and maintenance).
- Mapping immediate and short-term operational plans detailing resources, applications and interventions necessary to support operational processes and functions.
- Communicating Internally / Externally on the implementation of Water & Sanitation Infrastructure Operations and Maintenance programmes / projects.
- Analyzing service delivery trends and capacity against requirements and submits reports supporting specific provisions associated with operations and maintenance of water and sanitation infrastructure for consideration by Management Committee, Portfolio Committee, Executive Committee and Council.
- Defining / adjusting the role boundaries, workflow processes and job design against laid down service delivery requirements.
- Determining staffing levels and preparing motivations for the filling of vacancies to complement functional objectives and requirements.
- Communicating to personnel through the verbal and written mediums statutory and procedural requirements for adoption and compliance thereof.
- Inspecting work sites and/ or conducting observations of work sequences, operations and applications
- Discussing and/ or investigating workplace accidents/incidents and providing direction on courses of action for execution.
- Monitoring and addressing deviations in service standards with respect to the institutional and social development matters, fleet maintenance etc.
- Preparing investigational and productivity reports for the attention of the General Manager for consideration and inclusion into Council and Sub Committee reports.
- Maintaining the activity, recordkeeping, and document management systems and/or executing specific actions to facilitate the updating of registers, schedules and plans.
- A valid Grade 12 Certificate.
- BTech /BSc Degree on one of the following fields: - Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical Engineering.
- Computer literacy is essential
- A minimum of (05) years middle management experience within Water Provision & Sanitation Services
- Professional registration with engineering council of South Africa (PrEng / PrTechEng)
- Applicants must be willing to work extraordinary hours
- Proficiency in English and isiZulu is mandatory
- A valid code B driver's licence
Candidates should display the following key attributes:
- Sound knowledge of local government-related legislation, regulations, and policies
- Excellent communication, research, report, and business plan writing skills
- Cutting edge computer literacy skills
- Above average levels of commitment
- Willingness to go beyond the call of duty
- 13th Cheque
- Subsidised Pension and Medical Aid Schemes (subject to certain conditions)
- Subsidised Housing Scheme (subject to certain conditions)
Letters of applications indicating the position being applied for, together with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of qualifications to be forwarded to:
The Manager: Human Resources, Ugu District Municipality, PO Box 33 (31 Bazley Street), PORT SHEPSTONE, 4240.
Faxed applications will not be considered.
The closing date for applications will be 16h00, Friday 16 April 2021 (If you do not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date, regard your application as unsuccessful)
The municipality is committed to the implementation of its Employment Equity Plan, and in this vein, appropriately qualifying women are particularly encouraged to apply.
The Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment.