The Ugu District Municipality with its seat in Port Shepstone hereby invites a suitably qualified external professional to serve on its Audit Committee which also serves as its Performance Audit Committee.
As stipulated in Section 166(6) of the Municipal Finance Management Act, No. 56 of 2003, a single audit committee will serve the District Municipality, Local Municipalities and the Municipal Entities.
The individual is expected to prepare for and attend audit committee meetings and other relevant council meetings where so required throughout the financial year.
Interested professionals should be able to demonstrate the following:
- CA (SA) (Member of the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants).
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Accounting, Financial and Internal control, Risk Management and Governance, Internal Audit and External Auditing, IT governance, performance management, compliance with applicable legislation and best practices. Experience in local government will be an added advantage.
The member as part of the Audit Committee will perform all functions stipulated in Section 166 of the Municipal Finance Management Act, No. 56 of 2003.
Key Performance Areas
- Advise the municipal council, the political office-bearers, the accounting officer and the management staff of the municipality on audit related matters and Performance management;
- Review the annual financial statements to provide the council of the municipality with an authoritative and creditable view of the financial position of the municipality, its efficiency and effectiveness and its overall level of compliance with MFMA, the annual Division of Revenue Act and any other applicable legislation;
- Respond to council on any issues raised by the Auditor-General in the audit report;
- Carry out such investigations into the financial affairs of the municipality as the council of the municipality may request; and
- Perform such other functions as may be prescribed; as detailed in section 166 of the MFMA.
- Review the quarterly reports of the municipality.
- Review the municipality's performance management system and make recommendations in this regard to the council of the municipality.
Term of Office
The term of office for the committee shall be for a minimum period of three (3) years and members shall be remunerated according to the tariffs approved by the National Treasury.
An application letter, comprehensive curriculum vitae and certified copies of qualifications as well as information regarding relevant experience should be addressed for Municipal Manager (Att.: Mr D.D Naidoo), Ugu District Municipality, P.O Box 33, Port Shepstone, 4240. or can be hand-delivered at the Ugu District Municipality Reception, Aqua House, 28 Connor Street, Port Shepstone by no later than Friday 20 November 2020 at 16H00.
Enquiries can be directed to Mr S Kati at (039) 688 5828.
Closing Date: 20 November 2020