Budget Planning & Monitoring, Financial Reporting and Income
The Budget Office is responsible for the following:
- Financial planning, budget preparation, control and monitoring.
- Financial performance and position reporting to the relevant oversight committees within the municipality as well as outside stakeholders on a monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual basis.
- All other statutory reporting to National and Provincial treasuries as well as other government departments.
- Preparation and review of the individual and Consolidated Financial Statements (Annual and interim)
- Facilitation of the processes associated with the Auditor General of South Africa
- Monitoring the application of accounting procedures to ensure that accounts are reconciled monthly, general ledger is updated and that the statutory reports are correct and submitted timeously