INTRODUCTION TO HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES
The Human Resources Management Services rendered by the Municipality aims to achieve the following:
- Attend to the human resources requirements of the various municipal departments
- Establish and maintain a working environment that encourages personal growth, development, enrichment and job satisfaction.
- Ensure that human resources policies and procedures are administered in such a way as to protect the interests of both the Municipality and its employees
To accomplish this purpose, professional support services are rendered in respect of the following functional areas:
- Recruitment and selection
- Induction of newly appointed staff
- Personnel administration – administration of staff benefits and maintaining employee records
- Maintaining and monitoring Conditions of Service in terms of the applicable legislation, Bargaining Council agreements and Council policies
- Placement at the behest of the institution
- Staff movement
- EHSW Unit ensures compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993, and ensures employee wellness
- General administration
Ugu District Municipality values all its employees and commits itself to promoting their wellbeing. It is therefore the aim of the Employee Health, Safety and wellness Programme to improve the quality of life of all employees by providing support and
helping to alleviate the impact of everyday work and personal and family problems. It is therefore intended, that, with this Employee Health, safety and Wellness Strategy that the Municipality will be effective in providing employees with a programme that provides innovative methods of managing performance related problems.
The explicit aim of the EHSW Strategy is to improve the quality of life of all employees by providing support and helping to alleviate the impact of everyday work and personal and family problems. EHSW Strategy offers new and exciting prospects toassist in the well being of employees while at the same time increasing the effectiveness of the Organisation. Participation in the programme is voluntary and will not jeopardise job security. The programme does not intend to interfere with workers’ private lives; however when a member does not perform according to the standard expected, management has a right to intervene.
The programme is a cost free worksite based programme providing confidential and professional assistance to employees of UGU District Municipality employees. EHSW Strategy does not replace any existing procedures, but provides innovative methods of managing performance related problems.